Monday, November 15, 2010

Portraits {Mary-Kathryn}

On Wednesday, I went to a workshop put on by friend and wedding photographer, Jessica Shae (http://www.jessicashaeblog.com/). I love Jessica's work, so when I heard that she was doing a one-day workshop, I told her to sign me up! We had tons of fun!

First, we went to Jessica's house and talked about starting and running a business, Photoshop and Lightroom, etc. Then, we went to Chick-fil-A. : )   After that, we went on a photo shoot, which is what these pictures are from. We were assigned to someone to do a portrait session with. I got Mary-Kathryn! I had never met Mary-Kathryn before the workshop, and I was so excited that I got to do her photos. She is fun and likes bold colors. We both share a love for Kohls!!! She has such a sweet personality, and I look forward to keeping in touch with her!

Jessica also took pictures of each one of us. : D  Next, we went to a library and edited our photos. Then, we watched Jessica do an "engagement" shoot. The couple was already married, but Jessica decided to set it up like an engagement shoot so that we could see how she interacts with a couple that is in love. ; )Then we went to Chipotle, then to a frozen yogurt place.

All that to say, I had a great time and I got some great pictures of Mary-Kathryn. Thanks for being such an awesome model, Mary-Kathryn! And, thank you Jessica for investing in the lives of up-and-coming photographers! And, thanks, fellow students for making it a fun day!!!












~Bethany Truth

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics Bethany! And I LOVE you MARY KATHRYN VEST, you're so photogenic=)

    ReplyDelete