Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Holidays

I hope all of my readers are having a wonderful Christmas season. It was shock for me to hear Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. I don't know why, but it seemed to be too early for it. Maybe it seemed so soon because this was the first year in 13 years for me not to be taking music lessons, and when you take music lessons, you are preparing Christmas music in October. Anyway, I think I'm getting into the Christmas spirit now. :)

Thanksgiving was a relaxing holiday for me and my family. The weekend before Thanksgiving, we were at the Andres' farm having an old fashioned Thanksgiving celebration around the campfire (some of these pics were taken there). We played baseball, took a hay ride around the farm, ate, played some more baseball, sang around the campfire and shared some things we were grateful for, and played some more baseball. It was a fun day.

On Thanksgiving day, we had some family and friends over for a huge feast. And, like always, the feast was reheated and reheated and reheated until it could be reheated no more. But, it was sooo good, even for the fourth and fifth time. :D  My cousin and cousin-in-law taught some of us how to play Hearts that day. It's a new favorite of mine!

On Friday, we went to the nearest forest (the local tree lot) and got the most perfect Douglas Fir Christmas tree I've ever seen. (Keep in mind, I do live in Texas; I haven't seen that many. lol) We stayed up late decorating and listening to Christmas music. And no, I didn't go shopping on Black Friday. I would much rather be sitting by a warm fire, drinking hot chocolate, and decorating the tree rather than fighting crowds and traffic. But, I admire those of you who get out there and are determined to get those bargains.

These are just a few of my 1,000 pictures I've taken over the last couple of weeks. I'm going to post more soon.

I haven't been very consistant lately with posting on my blog, but I'm determined to start posting at least once a week again. :)


DSC_4753.jpg

DSC_4851.jpg

DSC_4808.jpg

DSC_4864.jpg

DSC_4794.jpg


Have a blessed CHRISTmas season filled with hugs and hot chocolate!

"Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling; and present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy; to the only wise God, our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power both now and forever. Amen."

~Bethany Truth

1 comment:

  1. NIce..My favorite is the last picture!! Cute lonely little weed.

    ReplyDelete